Behind the site
This website is designed and developed by yours truly, generated using Jekyll, and is hosted via Github.
The design heavily borrows ideas and aesthetics from a few different sources. In particular, the following:
- For the most part, the overall design of this site is quite derivative of Manuel Moreale’s website.
- The tagging (and general design for that matter) is also very influenced by Piper Haywood’s website. And the /then page was also inspired by her.
- The slider on my about page was inspired by Joe Coleman’s very clever website.
- Some of the approaches to the code behind this site were lifted from Frank Chimero’s website.
- The styling of the meta data found on articles and work pages is basically directly ripped from Frere-Jones.
- I build the individual tag pages by using a super handy python script from Long Qian which I’ve modified a bit.
- And there is undoubtedly more, that I simply can’t remember right now or have influenced this site subconsciously.
Fonts in Use
Previously in Use
I’m including a list below of fonts previously in use on the site because I am still very fond of them all and think you should check them out.