This website is designed and developed by yours truly, generated using Jekyll, and is hosted via Github.
The design heavily borrows ideas and aesthetics from a few different sources. In particular, the following:
- For the most part, the overall design of this site is quite derivative of Manuel Moreale’s website.
- The tagging (and general design for that matter) is also very influenced by Piper Haywood’s website.
- The slider on my about page was inspired by Joe Coleman’s very clever website.
- Some of the approaches to the code behind this site were lifted from Frank Chimero’s website.
- The styling of the meta data found on articles and work pages is basically directly ripped from Frere-Jones.
- I build the individual tag pages by using a super handy python script from Long Qian which I’ve modified a bit.
- And there is undoubtedly more, that I simply can’t remember right now or have influenced this site subconsciously.
This site once made use of an array of different fonts, but more recently I’ve paired things down. Currently, you’ll find the following fonts in use:
I’m including a list below of fonts previously in use on the site because I am still very fond of them all and think you should check them out.